Venting Garage Heater?

Users who are viewing this thread

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to follow the manufacturer's specific installation instructions.

For sure, you MUST NOT use something like the dryer vent. It DOES NOT meet fire code for a flue exhaust.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

The usually have an "attractive silver vent fitting" for side wall exhaust. I assume this heater is approved for a garage so that there is no explosion possibility in the case of volatile fumes.

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
More Info. Please

I AM JUST LOOKING FOR WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING FROM THE HEATER TO THAT POINT WILL BE PROPER VENTING PIPE.
I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative.

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
I Am Just Looking For What Is On The Outside Of The House I Understand That Everything From The Heater To That Point Will Be Proper Venting Pipe.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
No need to triple-post, just read the answer you got. He was talking about "What Is Outside The House". Lots of dryer exhaust fittings have plastic parts, that could melt.

Also, "What Is Outside The House," might restrict the flow out of the pipe.

Contact the manufacturer, and find out what they'll approve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks