Re: new valves install behind fiberglass enclosure
Posted by LonnythePlumber on July 29, 2004 at 21:56:16:
In response to Re: new valves install behind fiberglass enclosure
: They go by several names, "Smitty Plate" being one of them. Whether it will work depends on how large you have to make the hole in order to replace the valve.

: : I purchased new valves etc to replace the old ones in my fiberglass tub enclosure. I will have to cut a hole in the enclosure and would like to know if there is a cover I can use to place over the opening or would it be worth having the tub redone...A plumber told me there is a plate they use to cover the opening but the name escapes me...suggestions.

Are you sure you have to cut a bigger hole? Usually it's only if you're going from a two handle faucet to a one handle. Have you also considered access from the back? LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.