Re: smelly bathroom
Posted by Anne Masseyh on July 29, 2004 at 08:13:19:
In response to Re: smelly bathroom
I too have been experiencing a dreadful drains smell coming from my en-suite bathroom and seeping into my bedroom.
It started after I had the bathroom roof extended downwards and outwards to create a passage space at ground floor level.
It is intermittent and is not connected with heat or rain, summer or winter - but it's truly dreadful.
We can not pin it down to any one unit - there is a whirlpool bath, shower, toilet, bidet and hand basin - but all units have a u-bend which you'd think would stop any smells getting up from the drains.
I think we need expert help to get to the bottom of this but don't know whether it's a plumber or builder that's needed.
I'd be most grateful for any advice.
I too have been experiencing a dreadful drains smell coming from my en-suite bathroom and seeping into my bedroom.
It started after I had the bathroom roof extended downwards and outwards to create a passage space at ground floor level.
It is intermittent and is not connected with heat or rain, summer or winter - but it's truly dreadful.
We can not pin it down to any one unit - there is a whirlpool bath, shower, toilet, bidet and hand basin - but all units have a u-bend which you'd think would stop any smells getting up from the drains.
I think we need expert help to get to the bottom of this but don't know whether it's a plumber or builder that's needed.
I'd be most grateful for any advice.

Replies to this post
There are none.