Re: Re-routing drain line out of soffit into wall
Posted by hj on July 27, 2004 at 01:10:35:
In response to Re: Re-routing drain line out of soffit into wall
It would be better, and maybe safer to remove the pipe from the inside of the tee. If you want to spend some money, buy a "Ram Bit" that will drill the pipe out, if you do it carefully and properly.

: --Yes, I agree and realize that is a bad idea. I am an experienced DIYer but my options are very limited on this one. Tell me, in your humble opinion, is it feasible to break apart a cemented fitting using the technique described by Home Depot? Specifically, sawing through the outer fitting and chiping the outer layer away from the inner fitting?

: : If we could see the situation, we might be able to come up with a good DIY solution. However ducttape and flexible elbows would be the worst idea you would have in a long time.

: : : No ideas on my 7/20 post concerning this subject or wasn't I clear enough? What I have is a 45 degree elbow cemented tight up against a Tee. I need to replace the 45 with a 90. The resident expert at Home Depot says I can cut the 45 off below the hub that is tight against the Tee and make a series of hacksaw cuts through the hub down to the level of the pipe cemented inside. Then CAREFULLY chip away the slices of hub leaving the exposed pipe onto which I can cement the new 90. This seems very error prone to me! The only other idea I had was to cut between the tee and 45 degree elbow which will leave the thick end of the tee. I could then build up the outside of the Tee (2 3/4" diameter)with duct tape or ??? so that I can use a flexible 90 degree elbow 3" I.D. to 2" I.D. I will slide that OVER built up end of the tee and tighten it down. No good options that I can see and I hope someone on this board can give me their thoughts! Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.