Re: Re-routing drain line out of soffit into wall
Posted by hj on July 27, 2004 at 01:09:04:
In response to Re: Re-routing drain line out of soffit into wall
: --Yes, I agree and realize that is a bad idea. I am an experienced DIYer but my options are very limited on this one. Tell me, in your humble opinion, is it feasible to break apart a cemented fitting using the technique described by Home Depot? Specifically, sawing through the outer fitting and chiping the outer layer away from the inner fitting?

: : If we could see the situation, we might be able to come up with a good DIY solution. However ducttape and flexible elbows would be the worst idea you would have in a long time.

: : : No ideas on my 7/20 post concerning this subject or wasn't I clear enough? What I have is a 45 degree elbow cemented tight up against a Tee. I need to replace the 45 with a 90. The resident expert at Home Depot says I can cut the 45 off below the hub that is tight against the Tee and make a series of hacksaw cuts through the hub down to the level of the pipe cemented inside. Then CAREFULLY chip away the slices of hub leaving the exposed pipe onto which I can cement the new 90. This seems very error prone to me! The only other idea I had was to cut between the tee and 45 degree elbow which will leave the thick end of the tee. I could then build up the outside of the Tee (2 3/4" diameter)with duct tape or ??? so that I can use a flexible 90 degree elbow 3" I.D. to 2" I.D. I will slide that OVER built up end of the tee and tighten it down. No good options that I can see and I hope someone on this board can give me their thoughts! Thanks!

Replies to this post
There are none.