Re: Help Please ! Poor to no plumbing venting.
Posted by e-plumber on July 26, 2004 at 20:57:51:
In response to Re: Help Please ! Poor to no plumbing venting.
: My home is a one story home built on a concrete slab (probably a garage at one time) and has poor to no venting. The only vent pipe is a 1" 1/2 pipe chest height coming out of the ground right up tight to house out back. You can pull it out of the ground and see that it fills up with water when you drain something. The toilet drains poor and sink,, tub when you do a load of laundry in the drain cycle it backs up and come up at the toilet flooding the bathroom. without jack hammering the house how can i vent toilet, tub etc i know i can get one or two of those baffled vents for under the sink but what about the toilet tub and washer drain.

Reply:
I would be more concerned to have the drain line snaked and cleaned. If you know where the clean-out fitting is downstream of the toilet, that would be a good access point. If not, the toilet will need to be lifted to snake the line and free it of the obstruction. I doubt the line stubbing out of the ground in the yard is a vent, if it is, it's useless. Check on the roof if there are any stack vents terminating up there, if not, you can open the wall behind or the ceiling above the toilet to see if there is an individual vent that you may be able to continue through the roof.
Short of opening the cement floor and rearranging the piping to install proper vents, there isn't much else to do.
e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.