Re: drain line carry
Posted by hj on July 26, 2004 at 09:21:39:
In response to Re: drain line carry
If the 4" was used because there was little fall aavailable for the sewer run, then there is no way, or little, chance that the connection was made in such a way as to not create an obstruction. The requisite eccentric reducing fitting is so obscure that it would almost have to have been a special order and would have taken a fairly long time to obtain. I think you have an installation problem which will not go away regardless of the toilet used.

: We had an addition built on to our house about 15 years ago and recently have been having some problems with plumbing. The waste line distance from the bathroom to the outside clean out is at least 95 feet. It's also a ranch house so it runs horizontally the whole way also it has three 45 degree angle turns. I always thought it was such a long travel distance is there anything I can do to make it flow better. I recently installed a new Toto Ultramax in the bathroom and that's when the whole problem started. Twice already the whole pipeline has clogged the second time it clogged our main house line in addition to the itself. Do you think I should just get a pressure assist instead for the longer carry distance? Thanks in advance for your input. Also to add it's 4 inch waste pipe until it reaches our original houses foundation then it reduces to 3 inch and ties into our main house line which is also 3 inches if this helps at all.

Replies to this post
There are none.