Re: Being sued......hate lawyers
Posted by e-plumber on July 20, 2004 at 18:36:57:
In response to Re: Being sued......hate lawyers
: I own a home inspection company and come here to ask plumbing questions when I don't know the answer.

: I started a home inspection 4 years ago and called it All Pointes Home inspections. Pointe is spelled with an "e" because I live in an area called Grosse Pointe Michigan.

: Anyway, this week I got a letter from a lawyer saying that his client has a company called All Points Inspections Inc. Again, mine is called All Pointes Home Inspections.

: Long story short, they want me to stop using my company name because it is too close to theirs.

: Anyone been through this? What should I do?

You shouldn't hate lawyers, we all need them every now and then, what would we do without them?
If you want to keep your company name which I'm sure you do, it appears you'll need to hire a lawyer. If your company is incorporated, it should have been registered with the State at the time of filing when a tax I.D. number was issued. It seems that there wasn't a problem with the name resemblance when you or the other company registered.

Replies to this post
There are none.