Re: Plumber's puddy
Posted by Deb on July 10, 2004 at 10:15:07:
In response to Re: Plumber's puddy
: I have cut a hole out of a wood talbe, and will be placing a bathroom sink there. I have stained the wood and put 4 coats of laqure over the stain. Should I use the plumbers' puddy to place the sink on the wood or should I get some clear silicone stuff? Thank you for your help, and is there anything else I should do to keep the wood top in good shape? Brian

Every single solitary square inch must be covered with a good waterproof finish--the top, the bottom, the sides, the raw wood where you cut the sink hole out.
I think laquer is a really bad choice too. I would opt for some kind of marine varathane.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.