Re: new home nightmare
Posted by PW on July 04, 2004 at 10:44:10:
In response to Re: new home nightmare
If you can prove that it was an undisclosed issue by the seller, you have a good source of money for your repairs. The penalties in most states is usually severe. The neighbors are always a good source of info.

We also live in a home, built in the late 60's, where the underground supply lines went due to high acidity in the well water. Our hot and cold lines were moved to the atic, installed as close as possible to the ceiling below and covered with insulation. Never a problem with freezing, our winter low temps are around zero and the heat loss from the house is more than enough to keep the pipes warm. To try and repair the underground supply lines will most likely only be a short term fix, as other leaks will appear.

: Hello,
: I've just moved to a new home and I really need advice. It turns out that this is a slab house (I didn't know the term or that this design can be a bad idea) and the plumbing is shot. The previous owner didn't disclose the MAJOR leakage/flood/pipe problems and now I'm stuck with massive repair issues. I don't know anything about all of this and I'm getting many conflicting answers. I want to know--from an unbiased source--if it is better to get some kind of partial repair through the large holes that another "expert" put in my floor and through a hole knocked into a section of drywall OR should I have the plumbing entirely refitted to travel overhead. Both jobs are expensive and involved.
: I'd appreciate a response s soon as possible as I'm starting a small lake around my house and I'm reduced to turning the main water knob off whenever it's not absolutely needed (Which is a major pain!)

: Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.