Re: Consumer product reviews of the American Standard Champion toilet
Posted by Randy on June 22, 2004 at 19:42:53:
In response to Re: Consumer product reviews of the American Standard Champion toilet
I've had a Champion in use for over 3 months now, and here is my 2 cents worth. The first flush valve leaked and I had to get an updated tank from the plumbing supply. The tanks don't bolt down to the bowl properly. If you dare follow the instructions that tell you to tighten the tank until it meets the bowl, it will crack for sure, so to avoid a wobbly tank, it had to be shimmed and tightened onto the shims. Bad design.

As far as flushing huge quantities of waste, it is VERY efficient. It will flush anything. Unfortunately, it flushes so fast and so violently that it breaks up semi-solid waste and leaves pieces behind, which means waiting for it to fill to flush it again. It also does not rinse long enough to clean the bowl surface of waste, which also requires an additional flush. I would say that approx. 50% of bowl usage requires another flush to clean the bowl properly. To me this is unacceptable, and a waste of water. There are toilets out there that don't leave waste behind and come clean after one flush. THIS TOILET IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

Replies to this post
There are none.