Drain/vent layout
Posted by John on June 22, 2004 at 09:44:23:
I am remodeling a bathroom in a small summer home that has a 3� main stack that is copper and it transitions to CI before going underground. The existing connections to the stack are in the crawl space except for the kitchen sink that ties in above the floor level and it also has its own vent. The 1-1/2� bath sink drain ties into the 2� shower drain that tees into the stack below the floor, both of these drains also have vents that tie back into the stack higher up. Below that connection on the stack is a 3� tee for the toilet drain which is no more than 24� from the stack and it does not have a separate vent. I am moving the shower and adding a washer/dryer and would like to know if the following is OK. I have no room below the toilet tee to added another tee before it connects to the CI long turn wye. I would like to add a 3� 45 wye on the horizontal part of the drain between the toilet flange and stack and then tie the 2� shower drain and 2� washing machine to that point with another wye connected to the first wye.. The shower and washer will share a separate vent that goes through the roof. Is this ok of the toilet still uses the main stack as its vent. The two additional drains will tie into the toilet drain less than 12� from the stack. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies to this post