Re: Extending Vertical Height of Closet Bend
Posted by hj on June 19, 2004 at 23:54:26:
In response to Re: Extending Vertical Height of Closet Bend
Closet bends do come in heights up to 12" but they are seldom a stock item. The normal ones are 6". A rubber Mission coupling is not an approved device inside the house at any location, under most codes. I also question whether the toilet is vented properly if it drops directly into the main sewer.
: Hi,

: I am having a cast iron DWV system being installed in a new addition. The addition is on a slab on grade. The plumber has used a Mission type rubber coupling to extend the vertical height of the closet bend with a small length of cast iron pipe. Plumbing is all below grade in gravel.

: My question is this acceptable?

: Does the closet bend come in an 18" height? What is the maximum allowed vertical height and what issues might you have with a slightly higher height?

: Based on my measurements, taken from the center of the closet bend (part feeding into the main line), this size might just make it. Worst case measurement with finished tile floor is 19 3/8". The closet bend feeds directly into the main line......no vertical drops or offsets.

: Thank you,
: Greg

Replies to this post