Re: Exploding Toilet
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on June 19, 2004 at 20:07:36:
In response to Re: Exploding Toilet
: I know this is kind of strange to be asking this question, but I'm working on a short story and I had this idea for a ending that would basically involve a explosion of sorts that would cause the toilet to overflow so quickly that the entire room would fill up with water, drowning the occupant. In a sense, it would be a explosion that would cause a back up of water, a rupture or an "old faithful" kind of geyser.
: (never mind the fact that the water would easily seep out from under the door; lets just pretend that the door is so tight that minimal water would leak out).
: So...are there any takers on explaining how something like this might be possible? It would be greatly appreciated. If possible, email me any vaulabe information. You would help me make this story rational!

If I give you a plausible reason how this could happen what is in for me (at least honorable mention in your book?

Lets knock out the obvious stupidity and think like well trained Sailors in damage control of "water tight compartments"

We have a toilet back flowing under tremendous pressure filling up an air tight room

HERE is the problem YOU cannot have two objects filling the same space (Air/water) so considering air is compressible and water is nil in compression factoring.

Lets say the person is in this air tight room the water pressure is over 200 pounds compressing and this poor slob is in the air space as the are pressure builds like UNDER WATER in a SUB and POOF
His head Implodes from the pressure makes for a really messy clean up.
Plus now you can get graphic like seeing blood peculating out of his nose ears and corners of his eyes

Make this as graphic as you like and then as he approaches death POW His brains splatter like he was hit with a 357 Magnum using hydra shock bullets

Replies to this post