Re: banging pipes after flushing
Posted by hj on June 19, 2004 at 09:32:37:
In response to Re: banging pipes after flushing
Change the water valve in the toilet tank and the noise will go away.

: Hi Terry,
: I don't know anything about plumbing. We have a tiolet that sounds like the pipes are banging/ rattling after each flush. It seems to happen near the end of the refilling of the tank. I asked my huband if the pipe valvues were all open so that flow wasn't an issue, he said he checked them and they're all the way open. We've plunged it several times to see that a partial klog was not there and causing the problem (like I said I don't know plumbing, so maybe it couldn't have been related anyway...?) Also I bent the bar to the rubber air ball to see if sealing the gasket at the bottom of the tank sooner or with more force would stop the refill reverb. I bent it downward more so that the ball is forced up sooner by the water level. This didn't do it either.
: I would very much appreciate an explanation for the problem we have and a solution that a I could understand, if possible...This has been going on for over a year and I am concerned that the rattling /banging of the pipes may be damaging to them.
: Thank you,
: Michele

Replies to this post
There are none.