Re: hair line cracks in new tub
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on June 18, 2004 at 14:54:37:
In response to Re: hair line cracks in new tub
: :Have you tried to directly contact American Standard? Maybe they have a technology to fix it.
: Also, the supplier who sold the tub to you or to your contractor should be involved.

: Unfortunatley, everyone will probably try to bail out on a "material only" warranty, no labor. That's why if there is any possibility of a suitable repair, it should be investigated.

Jimbo, as a contractor I know like all other contractors manufacturers like A. O. SMITH are prone to failure.

So to make up for their short comings of these folks most contractors have to figure in a fudge factor.

AO Smith sold my supplier who then sold me a new 76 gallon H/W heater that was a "leaker" from the giddy yup.

After weeks of arguing these slobs offered my a lousy $125.00 Which by the way doesn't even come close to my hourly rate.

I cannot very well tell these victims (accounts) that AO Smith will not pay for my labor thus they cant have hot water till this is resolved.

Instead I went with Bradford white a real reputable company.

Any contractor knows his reputation is only as good as his/her last job.

Do the job right for someone they tell three people DO IT Wrong and they tell everyone.

HJ critized my prices as he thinks bottom line.

BUT what happens if a product is defectivew WHO EATS THE TIME?

I am sure the contractor is going to do the honorable thing and replace the tub no matter what it takes to make the account a happy camper AND Americast I am sure will want to do the right thing and split the recall cost with the contractor UNLIKE AO Smith

Replies to this post