Re: hair line cracks in new tub
Posted by Jon on June 18, 2004 at 08:55:11:
In response to Re: hair line cracks in new tub
Having run a very successful business myself it would be common practice to warrant materials and workmanship for some stated period of time.If the contractor sold you the material and installation his responsibility to replace or correct any defect would fall within the stated warranty period.Read your paper work and talk to the owner of the business.Be aware this could be a big expence for the business and if they have a written responsibility to replace it free of charge under there workmanship and materials warranty then persue that avenue.Know your rights.Dont let them weasle out of there obligations..but above all be clear and firm not angry and threatening.. let us know how it works out Jon: I recently had a bathroom remodel. Everything is new.
: I purchased an Americast tub. Now two months later I
: notice a spot the size of a quarter that is in a circle with hair line cracks and a light rust color coming through. I am beside myself. This was a very expensive once in a life time remodel. When I went back to talk to the business who did all of the remodel, he told me that sometimes an tiny air bubble is formed at the time the glaze is applied. Then after installation, flexing occurs everytime you get in and out of the tub. Then the bubble pops and creates the cracks. Now what do I do?

Replies to this post
There are none.