Re: Toilet Flange
Posted by e-plumber on June 17, 2004 at 18:11:00:
In response to Re: Toilet Flange

: The flange is installed inside the 4" PVC drain pipe. I'm worried about breaking the PVC pipe below the level of the slab if I try to chisel it out. I don't have a Ram-Bit. Is this something I can get at Home Depot?

Not sure if HD sells it, a plumbing supply house will, call around. I'm not sure if it will even work in piping, it's used for drilling out the remainders of PVC piping that would be in a fitting. You may be able to use a Dremel tool to slice the piping from the inside and install a special PVC closet flange that is made to be inserted into 4" PVC. You may want to hire a plumber to remove or possibly repair the broken flange, there are kits available although I have never used one. Good Luck.

Replies to this post