Re: toilet flange
Posted by e-plumber on June 13, 2004 at 23:11:42:
In response to Re: toilet flange
: I recently repaired the floor in my bathroom and am trying to replace the toilet flange. My problem is the 4" cast iron pipe does not protrude high enough to get a good seal on the closet flange that has the adjustable rubber gasket. The CI pipe has jagged edges, it has been cut unevenly.
: My question is do you recommend the "Twist and Set" kits? I noticed they reduce the size of the waste port to less than 3". This may be my only alternative.

As long as the toilet drain is 4", you can use an insert type closet flange to bring the flange to the finished floor height without having to worry about a clogging issue, if it were 3" pipe, that would be decreasing it way too small. If at all possible, try to locate a cast iron closet insert flange instead of PVC. Charlotte probably sells one.

Replies to this post
There are none.