Very Unusual CASE brand toilet
Posted by Paul on June 13, 2004 at 12:43:25:
Hi Everyone

I recently salvaged a 1950's two piece white toilet from a house that was being torn down with hopes of rebuilding the insides and using it in my summer cottage. When I brought the toilet home and started to dismantle it, I realized that it is a very unusual type of toilet and that I probably won't get parts for it. The brand name on the tank and tank lid says CASE RICHMOND. It was made in Illinois. The bowl has no markings. The tank connects to the bowl by one long bolt that is built in to the bottom of the overflow pipe. This bolt extends straight down and goes through a hole in the back part of the toilet bowl (where the water from the tank pours in) and is secured to the bowl on the outside underneath this area by a large nut and a large flat and rubber washer.

This is like no other toilet that I've seen! There are no other bolts that hold the tank to the bowl. The tank has two small holes in the back where I guess it could be hung on the wall for a high tank toilet.
The tank to bowl gasket is much larger than the standard gaskets and appears to be solid rubber.

I went on the interent and researched CASE toilets but everything I saw indicated that CASE made one piece toilets.

Has anyone ever seen one of these toilets? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies to this post