Re: How to Cap a 1/4" copper tube? HELP!!!!
Posted by hj on June 10, 2004 at 14:07:59:
In response to Re: How to Cap a 1/4" copper tube? HELP!!!!
Someone was able to get to it to install it, so there must be a way to remove it and fix it properly. As for a cap, they do make 1/4" compression caps that will screw on to the valve outlet once you unfasten the tubing from it. Leaving the valve could be a point for an eventual leak, and capping the tubing at its end may just allow it to continue to deteriorate and eventually leak.

: Hi all,

: Here's the situation. We bought a fixer upper that hadn't been lived in for a couple of years. We were left with a very coroded, very moldy central humidifier that we took out for obvious reasons. The water connection is a 1/4" copper tube. We want to cap this to stop the flow of water. There is a valve to tubing in the celing, but the valve is broken and won't turn off. We can't replace it because we can't get to it; in fact we can barely even reach the valve handle, let alone see it! Therefore our only option is to cap the 1/4 inch tube but they don't make caps for that small of tubing? What do we do? Right now we are wasting water by having it just drip into a bucket! Thanks so much :)

: Shelley

Replies to this post
There are none.