Re: 2" CheckMate Check Valve
Posted by sloosh on June 09, 2004 at 22:15:12:
In response to Re: 2" CheckMate Check Valve
: : : I am with a Forensic Engineering Firm. We are investigating a failed check valve. The one in
: : : question is a CheckMate CV-200 by Liberty Pumps. I need a similar valve to disassemble. This
: : : valve has a yellow sticker and is round with a glued together body. Does anyone have one in
: : : stock or know where one is installed. If it is currently installed, arrangements can be made for
: : : replacement with a newer model.
: : : Paul Christensen, PE
: : : 509-547-2679
: : : pdchristensen@charter.net

: :
: : I know Sylvan is an expert witness for several NYC law firms and he does product liability cases, try contacting him directly.

:
: Thank you so much Jason for the recommendation.

: BUT once someone is asking for a sample check valve it seems to me that there are fishing for a possibility product liability lawsuit.

: Before I would even get involved I would ask who the installer was how much "formal" training they had and if anyone bothered to look at the pump curves, Total Discharge Head (TDH)

: Before I looked at the CV I would ask was this "pump" a centrifugal, rotary or reciprocating?

: If this was a centrifugal "pump" was it horizontal or vertical

: If it's a Rotary "pump" is it a vane, gear, piston, lobe progressing cavity, peristaltic or screw type?

:
: There is no one pump/check valve that fits all applications.

: Before I take on a case (lawsuit) I like to know before hand I am going to win by knowing all the facts not just one aspect like a check valve.

: One has to take into consideration the job conditions and age of the installation.

: Many times it is is human error not so much the product.

: Price dictates some jobs not quality like the installers of AAV and wet venting.

: I cant wait to jump on a law suit where an AAV was used and someone ends up with breathing problems.

: Installers of the materials not suited for the actual job are the guilty ones and thus they should be hung out to dry not the maufacturer.

: Like the guy who puts a snow plow on a motorcycle.

: Should the snow plow or motor cycle maker be responsible?

: Same with a "Check valve"

: Sylvan, certified stationary engineer, LMP / LMFSPC / LPBI / installer /certified medical gas installer /etc.etc. etc.
YOU FORGOT TO MENTION CONCEDED, ARROGANT ASSHOLE.

Replies to this post
There are none.