Re: Kohler Rialto K 3386 valve/Flapper
Posted by Ron Cabral on June 09, 2004 at 21:35:21:
In response to Re: Kohler Rialto K 3386 valve/Flapper
: : I have a Rialto K3386.
: : I replaced flapper thinking that might be the problem but still the water keeps running even if I lift the arm on the valve all the way up.

: : The valve is marld "Kohler 703." Should I order one from a supply house or is there a simpler fix or replacement valve.

: : By the way, this is a terrible toilet thta I would not recommend. It does not flush at all, but I have two of them in small spaces where bigger front to back dimensions would not work.

: Reply:
: If your fill valve looks like the picture above, it is Kohler number 1007488 for the complete fill valve. I have had to replace several over the past couple of years. You may be able to rebuild the fill valve by replacing a rubber gasket inside of it. The Rialto has always been a problematic toilet, I have one in my house that is 15 years old (3.5 gpf) and it flushes great. You know it's a problem toilet when Kohler installs a troubleshooting guide under the tank lid.
: e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.