Re: Woodford faucet tight
Posted by e-plumber on June 01, 2004 at 15:40:23:
In response to Re: Woodford faucet tight
: Hi,
: Bought a 20 year old house that has Woodford freezeless faucets. One of them is really tight to turn off. Are the guts of this type of faucet replaceable?

: It has a plastic nut and handle too.

: Jack

You may be able to take the complete stem out of the frostfree bibb body and bring it to a plumbing supply house that sells Woodford products to be matched up. Another alternative (if replacement parts are not available) would be to purchase a complete new valve (exact replacement), install it or strip it down and use whatever parts you need. I'm not sure if the Woodford model that you have has a removable/replaceable seat. Check their website.

Replies to this post
There are none.