Re: Low Hot Water Pressure in Only One Faucet
Posted by Sylvan Tieger Jason if possible on May 31, 2004 at 14:51:29:
In response to Re: Low Hot Water Pressure in Only One Faucet
: I have good hot water pressure in upstairs shower and sink. Good hot water pressure in downstairs shower and sink. Good hot water pressure in dishwasher. However, I have almost no hot water pressure in kitchen sink. Faucet is only a few years old. I looked under house and detected no leaks. Well pump does not run constantly, so I really do not suspect a leak. What could cause this? I do have an old hot water tank that needs replacing. There is a damp ring around the base of it, but it doesn't make sense that only one hot water faucet in the house has little or no pressure while others do??? Thanks for any response!

RE: "There is a damp ring around the base of it"

Considering that the cold water entering the tank is like a glass of water with ice in it, of course there should be some condensate ring around the base of the heater it it drips off the cold metal being heated.

Problem 2

Check the valves under the sink make sure it is fully open, check the faucet AFTER you shut the supply valve to make sure no sediment has blocked the valve seat.

If possible have someone with you as after you disassemble the hot water side of this problem faucet one person can hold a can over the faucet as someone goes under the sink turns on the water THEN Quickly shuts it off (your trying to flush out the supply riser without scalding anyone)

If when opening this valve still zilch for

pressure, it can be either the globe valve under the sink has a dislocated bibb washer or sediment blocking the water supply line.

If this is the case then contact me E mail and we can go through more procedures

Replies to this post