Re: copper pipe size in treatment system
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on May 31, 2004 at 14:39:07:
In response to Re: copper pipe size in treatment system
: : : I have a clorine system install and was looking over the piping and noticed something kind of interesting, all the copperin the system is 3/4 in but in between the settling tanks and the carbon filter I have a 1/2 test tap. There is about a 1 foot section that is 1/2 in the middle of all the 3/4 pipe. Will this effect anything like pressure or water flow. I would think that the installer would have used 3/4 with a T and gone 1/2 off the T to the test tap. Next month I am having all the old copper pipe replaced in the house and I wonder if I should have them replace this little section of mismatched pipe.

: : : Thanks
: Hey Sylvan, I took the liberty of fixing this so slooch can understand plumbing

: The "Pressure" going through the 3/4 and 1/2" piping will be the same but the VOLUME will be slightly different.

: The only reason I can see for this 1/2" tubing is as follows.

: : The installer just didn't just decide to save a few shekels, Or run out of 3/4 piping.

: : Most likely he/she read the installation instructions and followed directions as a filter can only filter out so much at any given VOLUME flowing through (flow rate)

: : I would look for the manufacturer on the filter and a model number and then see if they have a volume chart that shows how much fluid can pass and still be filtered properly.

: Sylvan & Jason at your service

Thank you Jason YOU DA Man :-) you can proofread anything I write BUT no fee splitting on my expert witness cases OK?

Glad your watching my back on here

Replies to this post
There are none.