Re: Faucet - Need Replacement Parts - What kind?
Posted by Andy - Texas on May 28, 2004 at 18:12:22:
In response to Re: Faucet - Need Replacement Parts - What kind?
: : I have a bunch of bathtub faucets that have corroded badly after 15 years (water here is a real problem). How do I identify who the manufacturer is so I can replace the parts? Replacing the fixture is a uge issue - invovolves wall damage etc to get at plumbing...

: : Help...

: Reply:
: Most better quality faucets will have a brand name stamped somewhere on the faucet, check real close, it may be on a hot/cold index, (cap which conceals the screw that holds the handle on). If not, take one of the faucets apart and bring the guts to a supply house or specialty plumbing replacement parts store to be identified. A counter person may recognize which brand it is...
: e-plumber

I will do as you suggested. So far I haven't been able to find any identifyers...

One part that may give a clue is that it is a singl handle disk faucet. The acrylic handle uses a hex set screw to attach it to the lever. In addition the back cover is about 6.5" in diameter. The connecting screws fro the back plate are on the top half of the backplate - unlike most that I saw in a hardware store today that either had the two screws opposite each other or on the botom half...

Replies to this post
There are none.