Re: no water pressure
Posted by Gary Slusser on May 24, 2004 at 09:55:54:
In response to Re: no water pressure
: : : i recently had to relace my well pump tank,it was rotted out on the bottom losing water everywhere.went to home depot and bought new pump tank.weird that the old one had an inlet and an outlet but the new one has one hole for in and out going water supplies.i installed as directions said to do.now when ever i open a faucet,washing machine or shower no pressure at all.the tank came pre-charged at 40 psi. so iset the pressure switch to turn on ay 42 psi and shut off at 62 psi.please help getting very frustrated and do not want to call a plumber.feel free to email me with a reply.

: : What type of pump do you have? Dos the pump come on when it should?

: : If you have a jet pump, it may not be capable of building that much pressure.

: : To plumb the new tank you had to add a 'tee' wit hthe long leg going into the tank inlet, the pump on one of the other two legs and the house on the other on.

: : Gary
: : Quality Water Associates

: AM NOT SURE OF WHAT KIND OF PUMP HERE WHEN BOUGHT HOUSE PRESSURE WAS GREAT TILL I REPLACED TANK.YES PUMP TURNS ON AND OFF NO PROBLEMS

Is the pump in the well, a submersible. If in the house or above ground, a jet pump. Did you plumb a tee onto/into the tank, or how did you plumb it? And your caps lock is on.

If you have a shut off valve past the tank, it may not be open all the way; especially if it is a gate valve, many times when they are shut off they break when you try to open it later. Answer Deb's questions.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Replies to this post
There are none.