Re: plumbing
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on May 22, 2004 at 12:45:39:
In response to Re: plumbing
: I have a 1/2" brass line that comes up through my tiled upstairs bathgroom floor. I need to attach a new straight shut valve to this brass pipe and then a flexible supply line to my toilet.

: How do I attach the stuff valve to the thick brass line?

1- If you have the room to turn a valve then all you do is get a (most likely 3/8) brass chrome plated straight valve by 3/8 compression

2- If you do not have the room to turn the valve you can disassemble it by removing the valve nut making it up then replacing the valve stem assembly

3- If space s severely limited then you can screw a copper x female adapter on the brass threads and use type L tubing with a sweat x compression valve.

4- If the threads are defective or broken off completely you can cut off the remaining threads using emery cloth shine the pipe to the base metal get a T. P. Fitting and using 95-5 solder on an adapter T. P x male.

Then you can use any other the other 3 steps above

Just fold back with two wrenches as brass threads are soft and can break off very easily.

How's that Paul?

Replies to this post
There are none.