Re: Consumer product reviews of the American Standard Champion toilet
Posted by larry mckinnon on May 21, 2004 at 18:21:33:
In response to Re: Consumer product reviews of the American Standard Champion toilet
No, it's not hitting pipes or anything. I called the company that made it, and they informed me the thud is so the toilet will seal correctly. I have had the toilet now for over a month, and actually love the damn thing. You get used to the noise, just told my wife that is the way it is. Best toilet on the market that i am aware of as far as flushing goes.

: The thud is probably more your pipes than the toilet. Perhaps the pipe is hitting a stud or joist when the water moves quickly through, and stops quickly.

: : I would like to add my two cents to this champion toilet. It flushed so fast, I thought I blanked out. Swishhh and it was gonzo, then this big "THUD". Was not a big deal to me, I finally had a toilet that did it's job, how fantastic is that. Then the "Thud". My wife told me at first, that I could not use the toilet at night when she was sleeping. Today she said I could not replace the toilets in the other 3 bathrooms because of the noise. It's a shame, such a fantastic toilet, to have all these propblems. I spent a few hours trying different adjustments, but still a big thud. Maybe this toilet is a big turd?
: : Here is the bottom line, you want the toilet to flush, or be quiet, the choice is yours.

Replies to this post