Thank You for the input!
Posted by Eric on May 21, 2004 at 10:58:15:
In response to Thank You for the input!
: We recently purchased a second home which was built in 1978. The house is about 2700 square feet, and has 2 40 gallon gas hot water heaters.

: One heater is located in the garage. The first floor of the house has a kitchen w/dishwasher, laundry room, 3/4 bath with shower and a half bath (powder room).

: The second heater is located upstairs, where there are two bedrooms, the master bathroom has two sinks, shower and separate tub. Second bedroom bathroom has sink and shower.

: Here are my questions. How is a system like this typically plumbed? At first I assumed the upstairs heater fed the upstairs, and the garage heater fed the downstairs. However I noticed one day when I had the garage heater gas valve turned to low, I was getting hot water at the kitchen sink.

: I have never had a house with two water heaters, so any insight would be helpful. Is there a way of determining how this setup is plumbed? Only reason I ask; I was considering a "tankless" gas unit, since the house is vacant often. If I did this however, do I still need to plumb with two tankless units at the current locations? Appreciate any input/comments to understanding how two units work in a household.

: Thanks! Eric

Replies to this post
There are none.