Re: Basement toilet stub flush
Posted by Daniel Hodges on May 17, 2004 at 20:32:25:
In response to Re: Basement toilet stub flush
Yes the stub is 4". All the flanges I've seen, except for this brass ring, sort of flare out a bit before they get to the actual flange. Without having to chip out from around the pipe this flare would have to sit above the lino about 1 inch.

: Is the toilet stub-out a 4" pipe? Use can use a cutting disc on a rotary cutting tool to cut the pipe from the inside out and mount a brass or other metal toilet flange with fitting inside the PVC. You should be able to accomplish this flush with the floor.

: If you tile the floor (for example), make sure the flange is level with the finished floor

: : I'm looking to install a toilet in my basement. The plumbing was roughed in and the lino is down around the stub which is sticking up through the slab.

: : The problem is that the slab was poured around the pipe and there is no space to slip a flange over the end of the ABS stub (not yet cut) unless I excavate the conctrete from around it. A flange that sits inside the pipe is a good idea but that would leave the flange about an inch or so above the lino floor.

: : I have seen brass flanges that look like they would sit flush with the floor. Is this the best thing to use? Use a masonary bit and bolt it to the floor and use closet bolts to hold the toilet with a wax gasket?

: : If so how much above the floor should I cut the stub that will sit inside the brass ring?

Replies to this post