Re: Basement toilet stub flush
Posted by ED on May 17, 2004 at 18:54:29:
In response to Re: Basement toilet stub flush
Is the toilet stub-out a 4" pipe? Use can use a cutting disc on a rotary cutting tool to cut the pipe from the inside out and mount a brass or other metal toilet flange with fitting inside the PVC. You should be able to accomplish this flush with the floor.

If you tile the floor (for example), make sure the flange is level with the finished floor

: I'm looking to install a toilet in my basement. The plumbing was roughed in and the lino is down around the stub which is sticking up through the slab.

: The problem is that the slab was poured around the pipe and there is no space to slip a flange over the end of the ABS stub (not yet cut) unless I excavate the conctrete from around it. A flange that sits inside the pipe is a good idea but that would leave the flange about an inch or so above the lino floor.

: I have seen brass flanges that look like they would sit flush with the floor. Is this the best thing to use? Use a masonary bit and bolt it to the floor and use closet bolts to hold the toilet with a wax gasket?

: If so how much above the floor should I cut the stub that will sit inside the brass ring?

Replies to this post