Re: Toilet Flange
Posted by hj on May 15, 2004 at 23:53:10:
In response to Re: Toilet Flange
You have been working with lead bends too long. The person asked about a cast iron flange, which implies a cast iron bend, and you cannot "ping it over and solder the folded edges. << correct job".

: : I need to close off an old cast iron toilet flange without tearing up the floor. Can someone up?

: 1- Either solder on a cap

: 2- If it is PVC or CI or Galv use a no hub cap

: 3- put some news paper in the pipe about 4" deep and fill with cement or plaster

: 4- Ping the lead over solder the folded edges so your now water and gas tight << Correct Job

: The one above number 4 is easy cheap FIX much like an AAV installation used by infamous BBC's looking to get over folks

Replies to this post