Re: rough for bathroom
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on May 15, 2004 at 11:50:29:
In response to Re: rough for bathroom
: I am remodeling a bathroom and want to change the position of the fixtures. Presently I do not see that the lav,wc, or tub are vertically vented. I do not understand wet venting. The bathroom is about 4 1/2 feet wide, 7' long. The soil pipe is at the end, under the joist, horizontal. As you walk in I want the fixtures on the left--lav, wc, left hand tub. Can you tell me how to rough the drain and vent for UPC.

Jim, If you want sound advice take this to the bank OK.

If anyone, even a so called stumblebum plumber even suggests "wet Vent" THROW THEM OUT of your home.

If some moron says AAV please hang THEM on the spot and put them out of harms way before then kill some innocent.

I am sure if you open the walls you should see the vent if you had a real plumber doing the original work and they used a plumbing code where the officials were not paid off to approve wet venting or other garbage means of taking short cuts with the public health.

Above the lav waste you should see a continuation of the piping just follow it to the point it connects to the vent line ABOVE the flood level rim of the fixture

Replies to this post