Re: Another Q for Sylvan
Posted by LonnythePlumber on May 06, 2004 at 20:57:19:
In response to Re: Another Q for Sylvan
: : : : Any difference in application between wye's and sanitary drain T's. Ie. 4x4x2 wye vs. 4x4x1 1/2 sanitary (red)?

: : : Depends whch direction your going. Some codes do not allow a sanitary tee on the horiziontal.

: : : Vertical to horiziontal should be ok

: : Basically, I;m running a horizontal 1 1/2 drain line into either, the sanitary fitting is shorter(in vertical height) and would be better, as the wye fitting is much larger in size and would be maybe higher than the sloping drain line will allow. I can only get (approx 13) inches at max off the floor for the drain line in basement level, I'm running about 10 feet horizontally over to the main stack, so I will have to tie in somewhere around a foot or so off the floor, where I'm looking at 5 inches of cast iron, with a fernco transition above to pvc....Thus, I'd like to use the sanitary 4x4x 1 1/2 fitting cause its short, but only if it'll work....

: Personally id go with the 4 x 2 Wye as I also do drain cleaning and running a jetter/snake through an 11/2 pipe is not as easy of course as a 2"

: As for Fernco forget it. I would use Fernco as a garbage can liner your much better off with a Mission coupling.

: As for cleanouts they should be installed at the base of each stack / leader (not vent) every change of direction greater then 45 deg and every 50 feet (NYC plumbing Code)One of the most stringent in the country.

: If you have any more questions please feel free to E mail me.. Sylvan

NYC Plumbing Code on of the most stringent in the country? I understood that it was now based on the International Plumbing Code which has turned out to be a bad joke on the country. Vents out the side of houses, AAV's, 3/8" piping. LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.