Re: Shower valve
Posted by e-plumber on May 03, 2004 at 09:03:20:
In response to Re: Shower valve
: I have a shower fixture I'm trying to repair. It drips. It appears to be a Kohler or Sterling fixture. I seem to have located the stems, but having difficult time locating an adapter piece. Seems the fixture does not use a screw for the handles, but instead uses a plastic adapter piece that first attaches to the spline of the stem then the handle snaps onto the attachment. I'm famaliar with the Kohler piece and it looks different, also it's possible it's neither of the noted brands.
: I would like some suggestions of other brands that do not use screws for the handles, but rather snap on instead. I have looked at the Kohler and Sterling web sites and have had no luck. Any other brand names to look for would greatly help.
: Thank You

There are many, many types of faucets on the market. To correctly rebuild yours, you need to bring the parts to be replaced into a specialty replacement parts store or plumbing supply house that sells faucet parts for an exact match up, anything else is just a guessing game.
You may be able to take digital pics of the faucet, e-mail them to, someone there could possibly indentify the faucet brand from the pics.

Replies to this post
There are none.