Re: Plumbing Hell
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on May 01, 2004 at 18:59:58:
In response to Re: Plumbing Hell
In NYC as If you hired a plumber with out the owners permission you would make another plumber a richer man.

Two weeks ago I nailed a plumbing contractor in court for a case going on since 1997

Seems this plumber worked for a tenant in a CO OP apartment without notifying either the Board of directors or the managing agent or the owner of the building as some of these apartments are still non coop.

When I was on the witness stand two weeks ago all I stated was the "plumber had no right to trespass and do unauthorized repairs without the prior knowledge of the building/CO-OP board member or building owner".

For this little statement on the witness stand I received $2,800 and the plumber was found in default and had to pay out of pocket for another Licensed plumber WITH the boards/ owners approval to redo the work. ( Guess who)

I cannot got to any apartment of a tenant and do plumbing without the actual owners permission.

2- Another point is your names are not on the lease thus the landlord can rightfully throw everyone out (I know as I own a few buildings)

3- About the erroneous statement "the sinus and bronchial symptoms, Not likely"

Certain types of cancers and other ailments are directly contributed to sewer fumes (gases)

For example:
1- Methane a colorless odorless flammable gaseous hydrocarbon CH4 that is a product of decomposition of organic matter (FECAL).

This is why "Professional" plumbers and drain cleaners AIR OUT man holes and sewer piping prior to buring out old piping or allowing personal to enter these spaces THINK of OSHA 1910 OR NIOSAH ?

2- Hydrogen sulfide a flammable poisonous gas H2S that has an odor suggestive of rotten eggs and is found especially in many mineral waters and in putrefying matter ?

Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless, extremely poisonous gas

The gas has a sweetish taste and a strong odor of rotten eggs. Chemical compounds containing sulfur produce hydrogen sulfide when they react with certain other chemical compounds. This is why the odor of hydrogen sulfide can be detected around decaying organic matter, such as garbage or sewage;

These have been related to respiratory illness and cancers of the liver and brain.

SEE what is on a real master plumbers test
A little bit of handymen plumbing is a very dangerous thing.

If you want me to give you more water borne disease please feel free to E mail me.

The problem is a lot of folks have really bad training or evcen worse third world plumbing codes like AAV's and wet venting etc.

Inthere areas many times the home owners are far better off doing their own plumbing rather then take a chance with a person who says

the sinus and bronchial symptoms, "Not likely" Only takes one brain cancer to cure this kind of thinking.
GOOD LUCK and feel free to send me private E mails..... Sylvan

Replies to this post