Re: Need a softener - but don't want to go broke - please help!
Posted by hj on April 30, 2004 at 02:12:36:
In response to Re: Need a softener - but don't want to go broke - please help!
If you don't want to go broke, then that pretty much rules out Culligan, Kinetico, and most of the "nationally advertised" seller/installers. If your system was not planned for soft water, then the installation cost will vary depending on how they plan to make the installation. Whichever one you buy, you should also plan on an R/O system for your drinking water.

: Guys,

: I'm turning to the experts on this because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the options. We started out on the high end with a Rainsoft presentation....$4K for the system...OUCH! Then came Culligan.... better, but still $2K. Went to Sears - $1K, and Home Depot - GE softener and RO filter for $750, and now I just spoke to a guy about Autotrol, which is about $2K. I need some recommendations badly.

: My water is pretty hard (30) and getting the iron and chlorine, etc. out for drinking water is important to us too but I was hoping to get a reliable system (that didn't need new $30 filters all the time) for around $800 - $1200. There are 2 adults in the whose with 1 infant, a baby on the way and likely another one a couple years behind that one. Any suggestions are advice would be very much appreciated.

: Thanks guys,
: Chris

Replies to this post
There are none.