Re: supply line replacement
Posted by hj on April 16, 2004 at 13:20:18:
In response to Re: supply line replacement
One major consideration is that in most older houses the water piping, and especially the buried portion outside the building, is part of the electrical grounding system. For that reason, many areas require at least 5 feet of copper burined in the ground before transitioning to the plastic. Some areas will allow you to use one or two ground rods as an alternative, if the meter box is labled, "Non-metallic water service pipe".

: I live in Bremerton, WA. I am in the process of replacing my old galvinized supply line runing from the meter to my house. I'm planning on using 1" poly pipe. For those in the know, can I just get a 3/4" male adpater and screw into the 90 degree elbow fixture at the meter. Do I need to do any soldering at the meter? Also, can I run the poly pipe through the foundation? I think code is that I can't. Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies to this post