Re: Culligan Mark 89 Softener
Posted by Gary Slusser on April 13, 2004 at 19:24:53:
In response to Re: Culligan Mark 89 Softener
: Hi, Purchased house three years ago. Have a Mark 89 softener. When I went downstairs today I could hear water running . Found it to be the Mark 89. Sounds like a valve is just open enough to make the noise. When by pass button is pushed the noise stops. Any idea what may be causing this? Not sure how old unit is because was here when I bought the home. Would appreciate any help you could give me.
: Thanks, Brent

Usually there is a piston seal leaking or the piston is stuck in an open position. By-passing the unit and calling 'them' for service or replacing the unit are the only choices. If you look at replacement, look at the CLack WS-1, or ask about the Fleck 7000. They are both excellent control valves.

Quality Water Associates

Replies to this post
There are none.