Re: Drain clog fixed, should regular chemicals be used to maintain?
Posted by Hube on April 10, 2004 at 10:45:53:
In response to Re: Drain clog fixed, should regular chemicals be used to maintain?
: : My drain was clogged, I used a long snake in the main pipe and that fixed it, now all drains flow well. Over the years it will slow again like it always does. Do you suggest to put chemicals in my system as regular maintence to keep it flowing properly, if so, what chemicals? My house is over eighty years old. Thank you

: Water Jetting removes years of acculumation of soap scum/grease build up restoring the piping to a like new condition inside.

: I am totally against chemical use in keeping a plumbing system working properly.

: Many of my accounts are homes built in 1922 and once I water jet these lines full flow is again established and you should be OK for another 20 years.

: With dish washers, washing machines and garbage disposals now installed inside the homes the build up of soap films and food particles reduce the internal piping to nil.

: Snaking /rodding will not scour these drains they only remove hard stoppages like rags /roots etc Jetting is the way to go.
FINALLY... a posting by SYLVAN that i can completly AGREE with. "Jetting" is a excellent remedy. Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.