Re: Removal Moen bathtub spout.
Posted by Deb on April 04, 2004 at 12:18:15:
In response to Re: Removal Moen bathtub spout.
: Need to remove and replace bath tub spout. It has no screw to hold it on and I can only turn it about a quarter turn counter clockwise. I there is a hole in the bottom about the size of a dime and I can see some plastic tabs but cannot figure out how to remove it. I sure don't want to mess it up at the junction in the wall. There is no inspection panel and the feeder pipe etc. is behind ceramic tile. Help please...

Unfortunately, you may have already screwed it up. This type should not be turned--the set screw should be removed from the bottom. You have turned the spout, but the insides of the spout did not turn--the set screw is at the bottom of the spout and the hole no longer is. Carefully turn it back so that the hole is at the bottom and see if you can see the set screw (using a mirror may help). If not, it has turned so that it does not line up with the hole any more and you will probably need to remove the spout with a hacksaw. The set screw part of this (the white plastic that you can see part of) will still need to be removed with an allen wrench after the spout has been cut away. Be careful not to damage the copper pipe it is connected to.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.