Re: attaching undercounter sink to granite
Posted by e-plumber on April 03, 2004 at 14:25:58:
In response to Re: attaching undercounter sink to granite
: My preferred method of mounting them is to install a framework in the cabinet that supports the sink at the proper level, and then set the granite over it after applying the proper sealer.

Reply:
Your method sounds like the only reliable way to do it, usually when we arrive at the job, the sink is already mounted (by the granite installer) with a hodgepodge of different techniques. I will advise my clients on the "correct way" of doing it. Thanks.
e-plumber

: : : In mounting the sink, are the studs screwed into the granite and the sink hangs from the studs ?? Will this install hardware come with the sink??

: : Reply:
: : Make sure it's done correctly.
: : Over the past 18 months or so, I have seen about a half dozen undermount SS sinks fall away from granite countertops causing damage to pipes and hardwood floors.
: : Some were mounted with glued chunks of granite, thin wood frames, cheap clips, etc.
: : The weight of water alone in a deep sink, not including pots, pans, disposer can add up to 100+ lbs. fast.
: : I had to make stands to secure these sinks that fell, I wasn't about to start drilling the granite... Make sure it's done right.
: : e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.