Re: Adding gas lines for range, dryer, fireplace, and garage heater
Posted by Mark on April 03, 2004 at 08:36:22:
In response to Re: Adding gas lines for range, dryer, fireplace, and garage heater
Howdy,
: It is my humble opinion that if you can somehow come up with the money to purchase a new gas dryer, range, fireplace conversion, and ventless heater, that you should be able to come up with the money to have a professinal run the gas lines. There is a reason tha most places do not allow novices to run gas lines. If you screw up, you do not just end up wet with property damage. You can kill yourself, your family and your neighbors. What are you going to do if you get a toothache--go to the garage and get the pliers? Some things are better left to the pros and running gas line is one of them. You are almost certainly going to need a new service.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

I already own the gas dryer and range, and won't be installing the gas fireplace and garage heater themselves immediately.

I understand that I can kill myself. I can kill myself if I screw up a brake job on my car, manage to get my hand tangled up in my lathe, or one of numerous other methods of screwing up.

Still, I'll contact a plumber and get a quote. If its not too much more than what it'd cost to do it myself, then I'll go that route. Obviously if the gas company needs to be involved to get a larger meter or whatever, then that'll happen as well.

Thanks for the pointers!

Mark

Replies to this post
There are none.