Re: Toilet Flapper w/Float
Posted by jimbo on March 31, 2004 at 00:25:18:
In response to Re: Toilet Flapper w/Float
: There is a small black tube that runs water from the fill valve into the overflow tube ( the white tube about 1" diameter that is attached next to the flapper. This tube refills the toilet bowl after the "flush" has siphoned all the water and waste out of the bowl.

This tube should be attached ABOVE the overflow tube with a bracket, and simply sprays down into the overflow. If someone placed the end of the little black tube down inside the overflow tube, it can cause siphoning of water out of the tank, resulting exactly in the "phantom flush" problem.

If this is the problem, the necessary bracket is available anywhere for less than $2.00.

Replies to this post
There are none.