Re: DWV tie-in
Posted by hj on March 27, 2004 at 21:52:50:
In response to Re: DWV tie-in
That is the way I normally make the connection, unless the vertical pipe has sufficient length to install a tee.

: Right, I'm aware of the combination I would need. Thanks for the backup though. So you think it would be ok to replace the elbow with a wye (tee) rather than in the vertical portion?

: : To do it correctly you would have to install a combination Y-1/8 bend to make the replacement. If it is a regular elbow the combo will be a great deal longer, and if it is the proper long radius elbow the combo will still be longer.

: : : I'm putting a new bathroom on the first floor of my house. I have a 3" Drain that I need to tie into my existing DWV. I have two choices: (1) Install a 3" tee directly in the vertical portion of my existing DWV approximately 18" above the foundation exit to the septic and connect the new DWV there. Or (2) remove an existing 3" elbow from another bathroom drain and replace it with a 3" tee and tie in here. Choice number two would be easier I think but which would you all prefer?
: : : thanks

: : : cb

Replies to this post
There are none.