Re: DWV layout for powder room
Posted by Deb on March 25, 2004 at 10:36:14:
In response to Re: DWV layout for powder room
: Hi - just laying out my DWV lines for a powder room reno and want to make sure the toilet venting is done right. I have the lav to the right of the toilet (facing them head on) and the stack is to left of the toilet.

: My plan was to have the lav drain run down and join a 3" line (sloping to the main stack) via a Wye. Next down the 3" would be the toilet coming down a 90 bend and then entering the 3" line via another Wye.

: I believe it'll be okay to vent the lav by running a line up (and out the roof) where the drain enters the wall. Is that correct?

: How/Where would I vent the toilet? I believe the toilet must be the last fixture in the run for this kind of setup - correct?

: Thanks, Matt

The toilet must be vented. It does not need to be the last fixture on the line. The toilet needs to be vented between the flange and where you connect to the main drainage line. There can be no other fixtures connected to this section of pipe. The vent must be within 6' of the top of the flange. Where vents connect to a horizontal drainage pipe, each vent pipe shall have its invert taken off above the drainage center line, downstream from the trap being served. You must use a wye or combination fitting. All fitting on vents below the flood rim level of the fixture must be drainage fittings (not vent fittings). The vent for the toilet must be 2". This is all UPC code, you may be under another code.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.