Re: Vent Fittings (Again)
Posted by Deb on March 21, 2004 at 16:16:43:
In response to Re: Vent Fittings (Again)
: I thought I'd summarize what seemed to be the answer to the question I asked about vent tees vs. sanitary tees for making vent-to-vent and vent-to-drain connections. For UPC, the consensus seems to be:

: Vertical dry vent tying into the top of a horizontal drain: use a combo wye and 1/8 bend. Vent tee or sanitary tee not acceptable.

: Vertical dry vent tying into the bottom of a horizontal vent offset: use a vent tee, OR a sanitary tee with tee branch pointing downward.

: Horizontal vent offset tied into the side of a vertical dry vent: use a vent tee OR a sanitary tee inverted with tee branch pointing sideways.

: In all cases the sweep is in the direction of air/water flow from roof vent to building drain.

: Have I got it right now? Thanks for all the input!

If I were you, I wouldn't even worry about vent tees. I never buy them. They are more money than san tees (because they don't make as many of them) and a san tee is a multi-use fitting where a vent tee is not. You cannot use a vent tee at the juncture of a sink's drain-vent-trap arm, it must be a san tee.
The arm must always "go with the flow", up if it is venting, down if it is draining.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post