gas or electric
Posted by jimbo on March 17, 2004 at 21:52:25:
In response to gas or electric
Relocating an electric water heater is a matter of relocating or extending the 240 volt service. This is a job for a qualified electrician.

If gas, there are stringent codes involved in the flue pipe. You cannot just extend a horizontal run to tie in. This is important; screw it up and best case the heater won't burn right; worst case you and your family could wake up dead from CO poisoning. So get professional help.

In either case, you have to move the water, which is the easiest part of this job. Should be no problem for any good plumber.

Replies to this post
There are none.